Erik Victor White
19 Grafton Street, Greenlawn, NY 11740
(H) 631.261.3120 • (C) 631.875.6771 • email@example.com
Objective: Art Director / Creative Services Manager / Corporate Marketing or Creative Department
Overview: The ability to design and supervise the design of virtually every type of advertising or marketing: regional & national advertising, brochures, catalogs, web & mobile advertising, point-of-purchase displays, large & small convention displays, press kits, embroidered & silk screened take-aways. Email marketing, including managing lists, creating targeted campaigns, creating both text only & rich-content email materials. Co-op Advertising & Marketing management. Creating & managing budgets, schedules & outside relationships. Extensive experience with the design & pre-production of full-color, 2 color, and 1 color books and book product, added value titles including blister packaging, multiple formats from single sources, pop-ups, board books etc. Licensed titles with short turn-arounds a specialty. Successful management of a large number of simultaneous projects and production schedules both in lean design departments and with staffs as large as seven employees.
Skills & Experience: Corporate Branding • Message Integration through Unified Design Themes • Website Content Development including copy writing • Book Trailers in iMovie and Adobe Flash • Live Action and Still Photo Shoots • Social Media Initiatives • Unified Print and Web-Based Marketing Collaterals • Vendor Relationships • Workflow & Project Management • Staff Development & Team Leadership • Budget Creation & Adherence • Time & Resource Allocation • Effective & Efficient Collaboration with Internal & External Clients • Best Practices in Digital Archiving & Software Technology Utilization • Book and Book product Design & Production
2012 – Present
Marketing, Advertising, and Design Manager • PLATSKY COMPANY INC. Westbury, NY
• Manage a multitude of design and marketing projects delivering all needed print and online advertising including sales materials for inside and field sales, trade advertising, email and fax marketing, convention graphics for over 20 regional trade shows and the design and production of point of purchase promotion for over 200 outlets.
• Manage all co-op relationships with downstream as well as upstream business partners. Create and manage co-op expenditures based on budgets provided by manufacturers and business partners. Manage co-op payments across three divisions for everything from $500 trade advertising payments to $75,000 golf outings.
• Pre-plan work allocation across a lean design staff. Prioritize projects and deliver creative within expected time frames for several distinct internal and external clients, including the Metro New York area, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Southern New Jersey.
• Seamlessly completed transition to complete in-house control of all corporate websites. Personally accomplish all web updates as well as create new content (both design elements and text creation).
2010 - 2012
Creative Services Manager, Marketing • NEW YORK ISLANDERS HOCKEY CLUB Uniondale, NY
• Manage design projects delivering all needed print and online advertising including website enhancements, email marketing campaigns, magazine/newspaper creative, as well as the direction and production of signage for arena advertising and retail outlets.
• Pre-plan work allocation across a lean design team. Prioritize projects and deliver creative on schedule.
• Accountable for complete design support for the Official New York Islanders website. Guide and/or personally accomplish web updates.
• Judiciously balance creative inspiration with necessary adherence to National Hockey League marketing practices and standards.
2008 – 2009
Art Director, Book Design • MODERN PUBLISHING INC. New York, NY. 2008 – 2009.
• Art Direct and manage the pre-production preparation for all new, as well as back-list book product of Modern Publishing.
• This included, (licensed and non-licensed), novels, full-color activity books, board books, coloring and activity books, as well as novelty and value-added books. Licensed product included, America’s Next Top Model, Project Runway, Hello Kitty, Disney’s Hannah Montana, The High School Musical Franchise, The Wizards of Waverly Place. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Ben 10, Wonder Woman, My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop and many others. Non-licensed books included photo board books, generic color and activity books, sticker books, etc.
• Initiated the successful transition from collected files to sending print-ready, high-res PDFs to print vendors located in China, India and the United States.
• Created all sales and marketing materials for all regional and national sales representative and trade shows.
1997 - 2008
Art Director, Marketing & Advertising • HARPER COLLINS CHILDREN’S BOOKS. New York, NY
• Art Direction and pre-production in support of all sales, advertising and marketing efforts.
• Allocated project resources (human resources, technology, and funds) for a department where up to 25 projects were proceeding concurrently. Routinely met stringent deadlines for discriminating internal clients requiring top-notch material for catalogs, brochures, biography kits, sales kits, sell sheets, and trade shows graphics destined for both public and trade audiences.
• Provided the art direction for the launch of electronic media campaigns including web advertising and email marketing.
• Authored as well as rewrote copy for print and web-based advertising.
• Hired and provided design direction to vendors working on in-store POP and signage.
• Monitored and allocated the department’s budget.
• Managed a full-time design team of four plus on and off-site freelance professionals.
• Led weekly design staff meetings.
• Actively participated in corporate-wide steering committees related to best practices in digital archiving systems and software purchasing/updating.
Early Career Experience:
1996 – 1997- Art Director, Marketing • WILLIAM MORROW / AVON BOOKS, Adult Division. New York, NY
1992 – 1996- Director, Design & Promotion • PUTNAM PUBLISHING GROUP, Children’s Division. New York, NY
1989 – 1992- Senior Designer • Marketing. ST. MARTIN’S PRESS, Adult Division. New York, NY
Software: Adobe Creative Suite (version CS6 and prior)-
InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver
Quark Express (version 8 and prior) Basic HTML, CSS
iMovie and AfterEffects, WordPress Web Development
MS Office-Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Digital and Conventional Pre-Press
Creative: Print & Point of Purchase Production, Logo & Letterform Design
2D and 3D Design, Corrugated Design, Advanced Construction Techniques
Typography, Photo-Graphics, Printmaking, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture
BFA, Graphic Design, 1988.
SUNY NEW PALTZ, New Paltz, NY
Coursework & Professional Development Seminars:
American Management Association, Pratt Institute, School of Visual Arts,
Parsons School of Design, and New York University < 30 Credits
New York State Certified, Emergency Medical Technician. 2011 – Present
Greenlawn Volunteer Fire Department
Avid Runner & Bicyclist